Sunday, January 18, 2009

technology

the evolution of technology.

I asked one of my patients last year, who was 104 years old at the time, what was the best invention he had seen over the years. He said, "Electricity; without it, we wouldn't have all this."



In the last year, we have disbanded, not repaired or replaced, tossed out and donated the following:

Two VCR's, one DVD player, one top of the line cassette player, a desktop computer from 1996, our home phones, our home phone line, a large projection screen television, two cell phones.

Now, we have this...



I was told to expect any new electronic device to last half as long as the previous one.


What do I think is the best invention in my life? There are too many to choose. I'm still waiting for my "Rosie". The electronic domestic goddess from the Jetsons.


I am sure there will be something new tomorrow.

No comments: